Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Hello January

It's January and a whole new year!  Hot dog!  I am optimistic about 2014.  I am hoping that it is a great year for me and my family.  I don't really do resolutions so much...  but this picture that I found on Pinterest made me smile.  I think that it's a great reminder of how I'm hoping my year will be!
Because it's a new month... it's time to link up for Farley's Currently!  So... here goes:
1) Listening to a silent house.  M1 had a sleepover at a friend's house last night.  M2 had a cousin over here last night, but he went home with a sore throat after midnight...  It's a temporary silence, but I'll take it!
2) Loving my time off for a multitude of reasons, but I actually had a chance to be "crafty" -ish!  I get frustrated with myself on Pinterest b/c I often lack follow through.  I pin tons of things but don't ever go back and make them or see them through.  Well this week I went back through my "For the Home" board and found 2 ideas that I wanted to try out.  I wanted to do a burlap bedskirt in my guest bedroom and also learn how to do monograms on my Silhouette.  Here are my 2 projects from this week... .what do you think?  If you don't follow me on Pinterest...  you can find me HERE!


3) Thinking that January will be a very hard month and I hope I handle it with grace.  January 5th will mark one year since I delivered Frances.  I must confess that I am much less angry now, but I am not 100% yet.  I don't know how long that will take, but I am a work in progress.  I am thankful that I had the chance to hold her and thankful that I can go to her grave when I need a place to get away.  So I am giving myself some grace this month... but also hoping that other mothers who may be hurting will find hope in my journey and struggle.

4) Wanting.... nothing at all that I can think of.  I am a minimalist anyways and I don't need much to be happy.  My list is quite short actually: my boys, my husband, coffee! :)  Santa was good to me though with gift cards for local shops and a day at the spa in Savannah!
5) Needing to lose some weight and start taking better care of myself.  I don't have a specific number really, but I definitely found solace in food and drinks this year.  I don't know if it was grief or the severe depression, but somewhere along the way ... I lost me!  We'll see, but hopefully the old me is still in there somewhere {and she has a bunch of clothes in the closet waiting, ahem}.
6)  Favorite January memory... a super nervous boyfriend asked me to marry him on New Years Eve 2001... and I promoted him to husband!  Golly... that was 12 years ago!

I hope that your January will be amazing.  I head back to work tomorrow {the mourning has already started}.  Happy New Year bloggy peeps... talk to y'all soon!

10 comments:

  1. I love your Pinterest pin and your crafts! They are so cute! I'm sorry your heart is hurting friend. Let me know if you need anything! Love ya, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I found your blog through Currently. I'm sorry to hear about your loss last January. I suffered a miscarriage last year, and I know how much that rocked my world in such a negative way, I can't imagine what you have gone through this year.

    I love your craftiness. I wish I could say I used my break as wisely as you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear of your loss. I hope 2014 brings you more joy and happiness! I love your anchor tattoo! I am a fan of anchors, weird, right? I have been wanting to get one, but, the hubs isn't in love with the idea.

    What's Working This Year?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much to say on your currently. I love your non-O.L.W. I'm sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine. I love your crafts and am totally jealous of your Silhouette. Keep doing everything with Love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE you friend! It will be a great year for you- I just know it!
    Rowdy in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your January is like my May from 18 years ago. Life gets easier but they will always occupy a large part of our hearts and minds. I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2014 is here to bring you love and happiness! Sending you hugs.
    Tania
    My Second Sense

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hoping 2014 brings peace to your heart my friend!

    Megan
    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete