Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

A Snow-less Snow Day and Clipboards

Hello to my readers from my couch... that's right...  I was off all day for a snow day....  it didn't actually snow.  at all.  They are saying it will actually snow tonight.  I'm not a believer... but I am off again tomorrow for another snow day!  I have been teaching for 12 years and this is the first snow day I've ever had.  Not a whole lot of snow happening in south Georgia, y'all!  In fact, the last time it snowed here was in February of 2010 and we were on winter break.

I spent the day hanging with my minions.  We went to Wal-Mart this morning for fruit, bread, and gloves... you know.. .just in case! ;)  Then we camped out in my classroom for awhile so I could prepare sub plans for Thursday when the 1st grade teachers have a CCSS planning day at the board office.  Then home to wait for the snow {that never came}.
In between my lessons on Minecraft (thank you boys) I was able to finish some crafty projects.  Check out my handiwork:
I finished several different clipboards for the Tea and Coffee shop.  The front and backs are covered and sealed.  They will have free personalization on the front.  They each have coordinating, sassy ribbons on the top.  Each clipboard has the option of coming with a gift card to Starbucks.  My partner in crime, Tara, and I thought it would be a great option to have.... especially for when it's crunch time at the end of the year and you need to find a cool gift for your child's teacher.  {we experience this personally every.  single.  year... don't judge}  

Did you have a snow day today?  If so... did you do anything crafty?  Did you just chill and snuggle with your kidlets?  I hope that if the weather near you is yucky... that you will be safe and warm.  I will talk to y'all soon!  <3 

1 comment:

  1. Yay for clipboards and a stress-free teacher gift! :) We finally got a LITTLE bit of snow last night/early am... g1 and g2 have been out twice to play in it! haha! :) Have a fun snow day!

    ReplyDelete