Pages

Saturday, June 29, 2013

It's Currently Almost July... Shut Up!!!

It can't be July already, right?  I have to go back to work in less than 4 weeks... not even sure how that's possible!  Farley decided to post her Currently up a few days early since she was headed out for some vacay action.  So... I'm linking up early as well...
Listening to my kidlets watch TV and laugh is one of my favorite sounds.  They finally get the jokes... and it's just neat to watch.  They seem so at ease without the stress of school and being so scheduled all the time.

Loving... being able to sleep in.  I use that term very loosely.... my boys still get up pretty early (7ish).  BUT that is still WAY better than waking up around 5 and trying to race the clock to get to work by 715 for sure!  Even though I am still struggling with falling asleep and staying asleep... it's nice to know that my days allow for downtime if needed!

Thinking of making another IKEA trip.  My list of things that I want for my classroom far outnumber the amount of dollars in my fun money account!  I went earlier this month when we did our family field trip, but I think that I need to go again... a girls trip... just sayin'

Wanting a clone of me to do the cleaning.  I am not quite sure how the house gets so messy.  I am the only girl so I'm guessing that's part of it... but HOLY MOLY...  I have been trying to get it organized and uncluttered.  I rented a carpet cleaner and EWWWW!  I was shocked to see the dirty water... anyone else had that happen... please say yes!

Needing for my washing machine to be fixed.  I noticed a few days ago that it wasn't spinning and the clothes were still soaking wet @ the end of the cycle.  I tried washing a smaller load, tried running it empty...  finally called Lowe's and since it's still under warranty... they had a service guy come yesterday.  The belt is broken and he's hoping to get back out here around Tuesday or Wednesday {I'm not a happy camper}    I've done laundry at a friend's house and made new friends at the laundromat!  I also tried to go all MacGyver and investigate the issue one night after my sleepy time medicine...  I lost.  Here's what I look like now... and this is just one side!  PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT: let the trained professionals go all MacGyver on your appliances.
Tips/Tricks/Hints:  I say be authentic, be you, and be patient!  I think that blogs should be AUTHENTIC reflections of you.  My life can sometimes be messy and I know that is true for everyone.  I don't always post about the lessons that are awesome, my awesome family, my awesome..... {blah, blah, blah}.  I think people sometimes want to read about the lessons that flopped, the time you went all crazy mom on your kidlets, or when you almost murdered your spouse for leaving the towels on the floor AGAIN (ahem).  You have to be YOU... you can't write your blog to sound like someone else's... or make your products to be like someone else's. You are creative and talented... and if you're PATIENT... people will see just how awesome you are!

I hope that you are all having a great weekend!  I'll talk to y'all soon!

6 comments:

  1. Ouch that looks painful!! I concur about sleeping in! I wake up at 7, which is only and hour later than on a school day. Why is it that I feel so much more rested? I am your newest follower! :)

    Fashion Craze Learning Days

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love sleeping in, except my 5 and 2 year old don't really know what that is. We've been getting up at 6 am all week, but during the school year they whine to get up at 7 am. I wish we had an IKEA store near me. I always see fabulous items I'd love! Hope you have a great summer!
    Jessica
    Fabulous and Fun 4th Graders

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to make a trip to IKEA. It's not far from where I live. I love your tip. Be you! You are absolutely right! Good luck with the washing machine. That stinks!

    Jeannie
    The 2nd Grade Surprise

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that sleeping in is one of the best parts of summer. I have a baby and a 6 year-old, but I still get to sleep in later than I do during the school year. Enjoy the rest of the summer!
    ✿April✿
    Grade School Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unfortunately, I know exactly what you're talking about with the carpet cleaning. EEEK! It's disgusting how much dirt hides in there!

    Three cheers for Ikea and sleeping in! Hooray!

    Jenny
    Looney for Third

    ReplyDelete
  6. What's a carpet cleaner? :) JK. Thank goodness for hard-woods! I like IKEA.... and I <3 sleeping in - since my kiddos are gone for the week - I actually get to! WOOHOO! :)

    …andtheyallfalldown...

    ReplyDelete