Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Santa is Hiring {eeeeek!!!}

Santa is hiring for new elves... and boy do I know where he can find some cute little humans for the job!!!  My sweet firsties took their elf applications VERY seriously.  I found them via Pinterest {of course} and it lead me over to the First Grade Parade where I could download the application for FREE!!  The kids had to fill in their info (name, age, birthday, etc.)  They had questions to answer (Do you like milk and cookies?  Do you like toys?)  They had to write reasons why they would make a good elf, draw a picture of themselves as an elf... and EVEN put their fingerprints on the application!  As you can guess... that was a crowd favorite! 
I loved their reasons...  one kid said she was great at working on a team.  One kidlet said he was an expert at making iPads!  Another even said he would be great at helping load the sleigh!  I was amazed at their creativity!  {proud teacher moment}

The applications were a great activity to get the kiddos excited about writing and made for a cool hallway display. 

We also spent part of our day coloring and writing Christmas cards for our soldiers overseas.  I had a classroom parent who volunteered to send them out for us.  The kids really jumped on board and were super excited to make cards that would be going overseas.  As an army brat... this is a cause that is near and dear to my heart!  My nephew is currently serving and my brother just enlisted!  I hope that those cards bring some Christmas joy to our soldiers!  
Hope you are all having a great week... not long til Christmas break now... hang in there... 
-Stacy





1 comment:

  1. What a fun elf activity! Found you through Learning is Something to Treasure. Happy to be your newest follower!
    Colleen :-)
    Fun and Fearless in First

    ReplyDelete