Pages

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Freckle Juice... Don't Mind If I Do

Judy Blume's Freckle Juice is one of our read alouds for 1st grade here  in Georgia... and I am super stoked.  I loved this book when I was little... and it's just as awesome as an adult.  I just finished up my Freckle Juice unit and it was super fun to make.  It has comprehension questions (and an answer key), a graphing activity (Do you have freckles?), a story map, a recipe template for the kidlets to make up their own secret juice, and a craftivity where they make Andrew and decorate him with blue freckles!  Eeeek!

My firsties are going to flip over this book and this pack.  I can't wait to use their recipes and craftivities to make a kick butt bulletin board.  Especially since I just started using my Silhouette Portrait to cut out letters, etc.  I picked up some glitter cardstock type paper @ Hobby Lobby last week.  I need a header for my white board that says "Learning Targets"... so I am trying to decide if I want it to be with glitter letters or with vinyl.  I am going to try out both and see what looks best.

I have been on summer break for a month now... and will be back at work in less than a month.  My brain is busy, busy, busy making lists of all that I want to get done before July 25th.  A teacher's brain never stops, huh?  I hope that you've had a great week so far... and that your weekend will be amazing.  Talk to y'all soon!

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading Freckle Juice growing up. I will have to check out this unit. Have a great summer don't work to hard.
    Cindy
    First Grade A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have amazing weekend.And I loved reading Freckle Juice growing up it was super fun.


    Regards,
    Tahitian Noni Juice

    ReplyDelete